Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:52:00 -0600
From:      "Jay Austad" <austad@marketwatch.com>
To:        "'Rick Hamell'" <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>, <George.Giles@mcmail.vanderbilt.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Looking for web based news display

> > Does freebsd have a package that supports web form creation
> and production
> > of web based "newsgroups" ?
>
> 	PHPnuke does forums. Is that what you're looking for?

I'd advise anyone who is thinking about using PHPnuke to read the
archives of the SecurityFocus Bugtraq list.  PHPnuke has a long long
history of major security holes.  The author of PHPnuke has shown very
little concern for security in the past, even when presented with gaping
holes in his project.  PostNuke is a fork of PHPnuke, but suffers from
many of the same holes.

If you care about the security of your box, either stay far far away
from *Nuke projects, or know what you are doing and do a full code audit
on it before making it live.

Jay