Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 1998 17:49:30 +0000
From:      "Riley J. McIntire" <chaos@tgci.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   GENERIC98 kernel file

I'm building a kernel for the first time on 2.2.5-R and ran across
the GENERIC98 kernel config file.  A quick search of the Freebsd
website and mail archives didn't turn up anything on this.

Should I use this file or GENERIC as a template?  The 98 file states
it's for "Generic machine with WD/AHx/NCR/BTx family *disks*".  It
looks like it means *controllers*?

A pointer to docs or suggestion about which file to use would be
appreciated.  Pentium class.   I'm running Seagate ST34572Ws on a
2940UW.  I'm basically just setting up/configuring it as a mail
server right now prior to putting it in production.   I'd like to use
ccd for mirroring.  After it goes live using a different
processor/board combo I'll build another kernel for it.

Thanks,

Riley