Date:      Thu, 7 May 1998 12:20:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net>
To:        vagner@spdc.ti.com (George Vagner)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail

I think it's the first one, but I could be wrong.  I've never seen a
'smail', but I do know that unless you put it there, it shouldn't be
there, because FreeBSD doesn't put anything in /usr/local.  'sendmail'
should be setuid root, just like your fisr one.  If you would like to make
sure, check out /etc/rc.network and see if you can find either path.

Hope this helps :-)

> i searched my drive for sendmail programs and have found this
>
> /usr/sbin/sendmail  -r-sr-xr-x  5  root  bin  290816 apr 15 09:01
>
> and
>
> /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
>
> lrwxrwxrwx sendmail -> /usr/local/bin/smail
>
> this is confusing. which one is my sendmail program that handles the mail?
>
> is it smail or sendmail???
>
> tnx
>
> George
>

> Laszlo Vagner
> Texas Instruments
> Email:kf7nn@ti.com
> FreeBSD The OS of choice.
> http://mutsgo.dyn.ml.org
> telnet://mutsgo.dyn.ml.org
> Pg. 598-5217
> Wk. 995-4297

Dima Dorfman

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
Micro$oft Sucks!  FreeBSD Rules!  http://www.freebsd.org/