Date:      Sun, 4 Jan 2015 17:24:26 +0800
From:      Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: editors/komodo-edit native FreeBSD build (rather than Linux)

(I accidentally sent that last email beforeI was finished)

Referring to the build instructions on GitHub:
cd komodo/mozilla
python build.py configure -k 9.10
python build.py distclean all

This will cause the build.py script to
- download a complete copy of the Mozilla Mercurial repository using wget
(908 Mb),
- using Mercurial revision FIREFOX_31_0_RELEASE make a clone of
TAG_MOZILLA_31,
- apply a series of patches to allow it to work with Komodo Edit,
- build the patched Firefox 31.0 source.

Then the build instructions build the main Komodo Edit source against these
binaries:
cd ..
export PATH=`pwd`/util/black:$PATH   # Komodo's "bk" build tool
bk configure -V 9.10.0-devel
bk build

Rather than follow these instructions, does anyone know a smarter way to
get the port to build the Firefox 31.0 source with their patch set, and
then build Komodo Edit using those binaries? It looks like USES=gecko may
be able to help, but I am new to it and not really sure how to apply it.

Regards,
Ben

From: Benjamin Woods
woodsb02@gmail.com

On 4 January 2015 at 17:06, Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com> wrote:

> The current port editors/komodo-edit uses a precompiled binary for Linux,
is out of date and has a license restricting distribution. However, it
could instead be compiled from source available on GitHub, and then it
would be available under the Mozilla Public License: