Date:      Thu, 05 Oct 2000 12:21:42 -0500
From:      Jonathan Fosburgh <syjef@mail.mdanderson.org>
To:        ford.frost@embeddedpower.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quick Question about Copyright versus GNU GPL

* Alford Frost <ford.frost@embeddedpower.com> writes:

> Does the freebsd copyright assume compliance with the GPL with respect to
> charging for use of the source code by a thrid party company?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but the BSD copyright and the GPL
have nothing to do with each other.  The BSD copyright allows you to
redistribute modified or unmodified binary or source code along with
anything from another vendor (including yourself) at whatever price
you are willing to charge so long as you maintain the copyright
statement in the source or documentation as well as the conditions of
redistribution and the disclaimer of warranties.  Does this help?

Jonathan Fosburgh
Open Systems
Communications and Computer Services
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center