Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 19:01:31 +0100
From:      "Oliver Blasnik" <oliver.blasnik@de.tiscali.com>
To:        "Jake Burkholder" <jake@locore.ca>
Cc:        "Jonathan Disher" <jdisher@parad.net>, <freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.0-DP2 for Sparc?

Hi Jake,

[Ultra 2 and it's NEC53x94-SCSI]

> > Isn't that chip an ordinary NEC 53c94 at SBus?

> It is.  Don't know if anything else uses the same controller.

Some hardware, not sparc-related, does. F.ex. some PPC systems
have them, don't know whats the status. Some (older) DEC/alpha
are also using it. So should be of interest to several FreeBSD-
porting projects.

> Porting the driver to FreeBSD is not as easy as it looks because
> FreeBSD uses cam; there's no guide that I know of.

There was a non-cam-Version out for FreeBSD, but this isn't a
solution. But a piece of work which "only" needs to be cam-yfied.

> Jake

Btw, thanks for your info on wrong IRQ routing (which I assumed
so far). Just was patching a little bit around as the verbose
detection log did not look very good to me. But now I'll give
your suggested patches a try.

Oliver