Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 04:44:08 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Seth <seth@freebie.dp.ny.frb.org>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] How stable is FreeBSD 3.X ?

Seth wrote:

> Actually, I agree with everything you've said up until this point.  My
> question of last week dealt specifically with this topic, and has remained
> unanswered.  It was a repeat of a similar question I asked approx. 2
> months ago, again with no responses.  I've looked for material but haven't
> found anything that deals specifically with interpreting debugger output.

The handbook has a kernel debug session. If you get a panic, use
that information. You need not actually interpret the output. That
really requires lots of expertise, and knowledge of the code. We,
developers, often post those outputs when we can't identify the bug
ourselves, in the hope that other developers can.

What we *do* need is that information. From there, someone might be
able to ask for more specific information (which can be easily done
if you have the dump saved).

(Of course, I'm supposing you have read the often referred
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/kerneldebug.html page)

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."