Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 1995 08:57:38 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        ports@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   ${PREFIX}, PLIST files and YOU..

It's come to my attention that people have been doing one of several
things in their packing lists:

	1. @cwd /usr/local
	2. @cwd ${PREFIX}

Both are wrong.  #1 is wrong for the obvious reason - it's hardcoded
to /usr/local, though the user _can_ override it with the -p flag at
pkg_add time (but it's still wrong).  #2 is wrong because I don't do
environment variable expansion inside of PLIST files and never
have.. :-)

In truth, neither one is even necessary.  pkg_create gets passed the
PREFIX and _automatically_ stuffs the equivalent of an `@cwd ${PREFIX}'
into the beginning of the packing list.

So just skip that first @cwd - it's really not necessary!  If you can
remember doing this in a port, it might not be a bad time to remove
it while you still remember this message.. :)

Thanks!

						Jordan