Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 13:59:30 -0700
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@sftw.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Cc:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: vmware2-2.0.476

--------------5AFECC938EBB5F4B1034434D

"David W. Chapman Jr." wrote:

> I was wondering if support for windows98/95 would be good enough to
> run them out of safe mode in the near future?  Also I have to manually
> mount the linux procfs manually with the current port of version2, is
> that normal or is it a bug?  It also seems a bit slow, which is
> understandable and I'm still amazed that you can run another operating
> system like windows inside freebsd and linux, but I heard some people
> say that they didn't notice the speed difference.  BTW, I get abort
> traps when I try to put it into full screen mode.

Huh? I run win98 for _real_ under vmware and don't have any trouble.

Full screen mode will never work. Don't do it.

The linux procfs is a separate port (at least for RELENG_4 as of now).

P.s. Something changed between 4/30 and now that required me to rebuild
the vmware, rtc and linprocfs ports
to get vmware to work again. The first network access resulted in a
(host) page fault crash. Just another
reminder that when you cvsup, build the world and the kernel, you should
rebuild all the modules (some of
which may be in ports) too.

"David W. Chapman Jr." wrote:
was wondering if support for windows98/95 would be good enough to run them
out of safe mode in the near future?&nbsp; Also I have to manually mount
the linux procfs manually with the current port of version2, is that normal
or is it a bug?&nbsp; It also seems a bit slow, which is understandable
and I'm still amazed that you can run another operating system like windows
inside freebsd and linux, but I heard some people say that they didn't
notice the speed difference.&nbsp; BTW, I get abort traps when I try to

trouble.