Date:      Tue, 14 May 1996 13:00:38 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: version of makeinfo in -current

: So would you recommend us importing into -current?  (I didn't say it
: would happen, just trolling for recommendations. *grin*)

I'm not sure.  I've been pretty happy with 2.7.2, even with its
optimization bugs (since they don't bite that often) using -O2
-fno-strength-reduce.  The patches make it better, but I've not
personally tried them.

I'd say that we should do the usual thing we've done in the past: Get
1000 random monkeys to try it with the kernel and the rest of the
system.  If we get 1000 dead monkeys (or even 10), keep it out, but if
they all survive, bring it in.  This is modulo CVS and bmake
considerations.

I guess that we should consider it, but finding someone that can
commit the changes and has the time to fight the CVS battle might be
non-trivial.  The hob-nailed tennis-shoe of progress isn't going to
wait forever ... no wait, that/s Jordan's metaphore.

Warner