Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2018 15:25:53 -0700
From:      "Jack L." <xxjack12xx@gmail.com>
To:        William Dudley <wfdudley@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: I broke my Apache 2.4 install and I need help!
References:  <CAFsnNZLHzAsNfYD2H1qsgHEZZz0uFRhTomDi0uWg5ee-93PqAw@mail.gmail.com> <20180402204202.GA3145@gmail.com> <CAFsnNZKjovHMGf4%2BkSBxq8h=siLvbsNg5LNs8nCcB24wRGNpqA@mail.gmail.com> <20180402213311.GB3145@gmail.com> <CAFsnNZLyLEUHxX8pu9AuT0kaeOnPo8JdG-Ctge92OLBC0H60yw@mail.gmail.com> <CALeGphxZ7-HyZXuzsyHXHrdJ6SY8BLUvbR6ot_3igDtWEUTfQA@mail.gmail.com> <CAFsnNZKP7W5rYoW11N-Qh-vWyH_QZ2eKK=R1PLbXPLECShxH1w@mail.gmail.com>

what version of freebsd are you using? how did you try to upgrade openssl?
what was the message?