Date:      Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:43:15 +0200
From:      Nelis Lamprecht <nlamprecht@gmail.com>
To:        Are Bryne <are.bryne@communique.no>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ad0: WRITE command timeout...

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 14:10:42 +0100 (CET), Are Bryne
<are.bryne@communique.no> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After upgrading a computer from FreeBSD 4.8-something to 4.10-RELEASE-p3,
> I'm getting lots of the following:
>
> ad0: WRITE command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
> ata0: resetting devices .. done

Hi,

Seen this once before and in my case it was a faulty hard drive cable.
Check to see whether your cable is not loose or incorrectly inserted
and perhaps try a new one. It may also be caused by an incorrect DMA
setting if memory serves me correct.

Nelis