Date:      Fri, 20 Nov 2015 15:54:05 +0200
From:      Dan Partelly <dan_partelly@rdsor.ro>
To:        Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DDB patches

Hi Pedro,

I think you confuse blackmailing with something much simpler and =
pragmatic.=20
One needs to asses how things work in your project for real before =
investing=20
too much time.=20

Adrian was contemplating the fact that none writes code,  so I had some =
code at the
hand with with I can see how things work around here. You want it, good.=20=

You don't want it, its also good. You want to trash it=E2=80=A6 also =
good.=20
Its all the same to me. This process is aimed to  give me an idea , if =
your workflow=20
works for me. =20

=20
> you discuss your idea and try to get some consensus in the =
lists/IRC/conferences.

I am not particularly interested in promoting ideas and gathering =
consensus. I am not a=20
politician. I happen to believe that translating some utilities from the =
 base to libraries=20
 is a very valuable  addition to the project. Id rather spend time with =
my familty and walk
around the city in nature with my GSD dog than embarking on some twisted =
political
campaign.=20

> We are particularly NOT interested in code where the original =
contributor will walk
> away as soon as he/she receives criticism or has plans that do not =
match ours.

Undeerstandable.=20

>=20
> Libxo already went through this process.
>=20

>> Libxo already went through this process.

It did, aint it ? And I seen what kind of =E2=80=9Cconsensus=E2=80=9D =
the xoification of base=20
caused. Apparently, adopted for no better reason than =E2=80=9Csomeone =
wrote code=E2=80=9D .

> If this is not your ideal workflow =E2=80=A6 fork your own BSD, a lot =
of intelligent
> people do just that.

Not the best thing one can do=E2=80=A6 but I guess to each his own.=20

<dan_partelly@rdsor.ro> ha scritto:
> [...]
relational ops support from it. The patch was a bit clobbered,=20
freebsd.org (prolly your page) up for review.=20
>>>=20
>>> It=E2=80=99s here:
>>> https://people.freebsd.org/~pfg/patches/ddb.patch
>>>=20
>>> I haven=E2=80=99t tested it though.
>>>=20
potentially proceed with a commit ? Or if it is not ok for a commit , =
please advice on a follow up.=20