Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 2001 11:50:18 +0800
From:      Chen Hsiung Chan <frankch@waru.life.nthu.edu.tw>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compact Flash slot on IBM thinkpad X20

     I have got a thinkpad X20. There's is a compact flast slot
     on this machine, I tried to use it but failed.

     I have configured kernel to recognize pcic as suggested by
     laptop survey (http://www.jp.freebsd.org/PAO/LAPTOP_SURVEY/LTS.html)
     Though I think it might not be necessary.
     I have a PQI 128MB compact flash card. A entry is added into
     /etc/pccard.conf for this card.
     The system treat this cf slot as a pccard, I think that's ok.
     However, when I insert this compact flash card, I got
     "Device not configured" message. More specifically, I got:
driver allocation failed for 128MB(PQI-H5): Device not configured

     I have tried various combination of config and irq even the device
     entry (ata/ata0/ata1 blah blah), with or without iosize.

     Ah, I also created device nodes under /dev, all ata disk nodes from
     ad0 to ad8 are present.

     Has anyone got experience on X20/compact flash slot? I really want to
     make use of this slot, it will be extremely useful when working with
     digital cameras or even IBM microdrives.

--
Chen-Hsiung Chan [¸âÂíºµ](BIG5)
Department of Life Science      http://waru.life.nthu.edu.tw/~frankch/