Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:53:56 -0700 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Mike Grommet <mgrommet@insolwwb.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Massive page faults on EPOX 100 Mhz board and related hardware?

> I recently upgraded my motherboard to the
> Epox 100 Mhz bus,AGP,socket 7, and am having lots of problems. I'm not sure
> what to check really.
> The silly thing works fine for a random amount of time, which is always less
> than 5 minutes and then page faults and reboots...

	Few things I'd check, I'm not familiar with Epox motherboards, but
I'd check all your CPU settings again, especially the Voltage Jumper. If
it's a jumperless motherboard I'd be dumping it PDQ. Also, check your
memory, just because it says it's 100MHZ compatible, dosen't mean it is
really. Very few memory manufacturers test's actually put any kind of load
on the chip! They just test how fast the memory goes, and that what I/O it
does is the same coming as it is going. Even if it failed speed tests, a
lot of manufacturers sell off the rejects barrel to be reclaimed, but gets
packaged as working memory!

					Rick