Date:      Thu, 07 Jan 1999 23:29:02 -0800
From:      Eric Hodel <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>
To:        Ben Kirkpatrick <ben@steelhead.pdx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DHCP via USWest DSL anyone?

Ben Kirkpatrick wrote:

>    I've been playing with getting my old freebsd box (2.1.7.1 I'm afraid)
> onto DSL.  I'm sure everything except DHCP is working fine because I have
> other machines up and running.  Sometimes I can get the 2.1 machine on by
> stealing an address for a few seconds.
>    Any got anything similar working?  I will summarize private responces.
>
> Hiding in the light,
> --Ben Kirkpatrick

For DHCP solutions check out http://home.san.rr.com/freebsd/dhcp.html  It
applies to DHCP whereever, you just have to swap in the proper interface.  Also,
you'll want to compile it DHCP from source, (or at least get the source, was in
/client/scripts as I recall) because the current DHCP2 package does not contain
the dhclient.script (I was rather disappointed.)

--
Eric Hodel
hodeleri@seattleu.edu