Date:      Sat, 26 Dec 2009 18:14:57 -0800
From:      George Davidovich <freebsd@optimis.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail client configuration to connect to ISP's SMTP server

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 11:20:27AM -0800, Aflatoon Aflatooni wrote:
> What configuration do I need to set in my freebsd.submit.mc in order
> to connect to the ISP's SMTP server?  The ISP is blocking all the
> emails unless it goes through their mail server, so I need my FreeBSD
> box to connect to the ISP's SMTP server for outbound emails.
>
> The client also needs to be authenticated as well.

Fix your word wrap.

Have you checked the Handbook?  If not, start with Section 28.10 SMTP
Authentication.  Read that and follow the link to

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/auth.html

where you'll find the rest of what you need to know.  You're using
sendmail as a client, so be sure to focus on the section entitled "Using
sendmail as a client with AUTH".

Fairly straightforward stuff, but there may be a lot to take in at first
glance.  Post back if you have any questions or need to be walked
through any part of the process.

--
George