Date:      Tue, 9 Oct 2001 21:26:10 -0500
From:      "Stuart Larson" <halcyonmn@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Owner of a new Inspiron 2500, 4.4 problems

Have been using Freebsd for a few things for quite a while now, and when I
got a new laptop I thought I'd give it a go there, too...  Haven't had much
luck.  I downloaded the latest (10/9 snapshot) boot floppies and started up
the install with those.  I get so far as:

pci0:  <unknown card> (vendor=0x8086, dev=0x2445) at 31.5 irq 5

and it locks hard.  I've attempted the suggestion for the PCIC settings in
the release notes (hw.pcic.intr_path="1", and hw.pcic.irq="0"), but no luck.
I also tried another suggestion somewhere on the lists about setting
machdep.pccard.mem_start="0xd0000" and had the same results.  I've tried
this setup with and without a BEN0012-TF generi-ethernet card in the top
slot, but it doesn't make a difference.

Anyone else out there doing a new install of 4.4 (RELEASE or SNAP-10-9) on
an Inspiron 2500 that may know something I don't?

Thanks for any help!

Stuart