Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:39:20 -0500
From:      Damien Tougas <damien@tougas.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with FreeBSD-5.0 and comms/ltmdm

Hello,

I am running FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE on my laptop and just tried installing
the comms/ltmdm port for my Lucent Winmodem. The port builds and
installs without any problems, and when I reboot, the kernel module
loads and detects the modem. However, if I try to initiate any kind of
network activity (i.e. ping another machine) over my ethernet interface
(a 3COM pcmcia ethernet card using the ep driver), the OS locks up
instantly. There are no panics, error messages, or anything, all I can
do is hard boot. As soon as I uninstall the port, the problem goes away.

Any suggestions? Is there more information I can give that would be
helpful to solving this problem?

Please respond to me directly, as I am not subscribed to this list.

Thank you.

--
Damien Tougas