Date:      Fri, 19 Mar 1999 09:23:59 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
To:        Oleg Ogurok <oleg@ogurok.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Etherlink III 3C589C and pcic

On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 07:35:33PM -0500, Oleg Ogurok wrote:
> I am running 4-CURRENT and bug with pcic loading twice is fixed already. The
> problem is pccardd tells me it cannot allocate driver for this card. I know
> that zp0 and pcic don't work together. For some reason pcic can't work with
> my card, but zp0 works fine. But I need to use pcic because I have a PCMCIA
> modem which I think is only supported by pcic. And by the way, ep0 is not
> what I need, it's driver for some other card.
>
> Oleg.

So which driver are you trying to attach it to?  It would help a lot if you
could post:
 - the relevant sections of your /etc/pccard.conf
 - the output of 'pccardc dumpcis' for the offending card
 - kernel boot messages

The error you're getting is probably caused either by a resource clash or
just that pccardd can't match your card with an appropriate driver...hard
to tell which without some more info.

Cheers,

	Scott