Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:44:07 -0700
From:      JJ Behrens <jj@nttmcl.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: *** HEAD'S UP ***

> I strongly disagree with your disagreement :)
>
> To me, it makes more sense explicitly include choices for anything you
> care about, whether they are defaults or not.

I strongly disagree with your disagreement of his disagreement :))  Citing
/etc/defaults/rc.conf once more:

# The ${rc_conf_files} files should only contain values which override
# values set in this file.

If you're going to advocate putting everything that matters into /etc/rc.conf,
I ask that you also advocate changing this comment!

-jj

--
Users of C++ should consider hanging themselves rather than shooting their
legs off--it's best not to use C++ simply as a better C.