Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:38:26 -0700
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@metrol.net>
Subject:   Re: FTP gone weird

On the recommondation of an off list response I attempted using some other
tools instead of "ftp".  Tried fetch, wget, and even curl.  wget didn't like
the port forwarding, cron or not.

Both fetch and curl work off the command line.  They also don't produce an
error when run from cron.  Neither one is actually getting the file though.

What in the heck is it about cron that goofs these ports up??

Later on,

--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark
to read."