Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 2009 01:14:55 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Daniel Underwood <djuatdelta@gmail.com>
Cc:        Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, af300wsm@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: Which latex should I install

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:32:31 -0400, Daniel Underwood <djuatdelta@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hopefully Polytropon will chime in on this, but I had to install
> TeXLive for everything to work.

Ere I am, J. H., the ghost in the machine. :-)

I've never tried TeXLive, I have to admit, because I NEVER had ANY
problem using the teTeX package. And yes, I don't build it from
source because pkg_add -r is so much comfortable.

There are some tools that are a good "put aside" for teTeX, such
as xpdf (which brings also pdftotext), and gv, dvitty, xdvi.

> Suggestion: try teTeX.  If you encounter problems, then install TeXLive.

It would be nice to hear what - in such a case - has been the
problem with teTeX that TeXLive then solved. As I said, I never
found myself in such a situation, and I'm using LaTeX for
nearly everything.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany