Date:      Thu, 2 Jul 1998 20:08:36 -0500
From:      "Richard Meyers" <watsondog@worldnet.att.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Kernel rebuild

Howdy!

I have just successfully installed FreeBSD v2.2.2 on my PC.  I added the
PS2 mouse device and rebuilt the kernel as required (still having mouse
probs but that's a story for another day).  During the kernel rebuild I
received the following warning when it was including the
./../i386/isa/seagate.c source code:

	1181:  warning:  assignment discards 'volatile' from pointer target type.

The kernel rebuild did not stop.  I rebooted afterwards and it appears to
work fine.

I know I don't have the latest version of your O/S but just in case you
haven't seen this warning, I thought I'd let you know just in case.

Keep up the good work.  Thanks.

Richard "serverboy" Meyers
watsondog@worldnet.att.net
Montgomery, AL

P.S.  Wishing that worldnet would support FreeBSD.  They wouldn't even give
me their gateway IP over the phone.  Gates will pay for this!  RM