Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:05:45 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jonathan E Fosburgh <wotan@fosburgh.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Question regarding make -DNOINFO installworld; make installworld

Perhaps this belongs on -stable, but I will try here first.  I will soon
begin upgrading from 3.4-STABLE to 4.0-RELEASE via source.   What I wanted
to know is if it is necessary to do the second make installworld after the
make -DNOINFO installworld.  I almost never use info (except on a few ports
that have no other decent documentation) and I have been thinking that, if
the system is usable after the first installworld, can I just wait until my
next make world for the remainder to be installed?  If I receive no comments
by the end of my buildworld I will go ahead and do both installworlds.
Thanks to anyone who comments.

Jonathan Fosburgh
Jr. UNIX Systems Administrator
MD Anderson Cancer Center