Date:      Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:43:00 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        Benjamin Lutz <benlutz@datacomm.ch>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <questions@freebsd.org>, Mikael Backman <mback99@telia.com>
Subject:   Re: How often cvsup the ports?

Benjamin Lutz writes:

>  > I use Portupgrade to install apps every now and then.
>  > How often should I cvsup the ports?
>
>  As often as you like/need. I usually do it manually every 1-3
>  days.

	I upgrade the ports tree every night.
	Building the ports depends on the number and identity.  Small
items and security fixes get done daily; monsters like Mozilla and
its kindred every couple of days; OpenOffice ... urk.
	(NB: I have a 7 mbit broadband connection and the build machine
has periods when it's not doing much of anything else.)

				Robert Huff