Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 06:28:40 -0500
From:      "William Wong" <willwong@samurai.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IPFILTER rules

Hi there,

I have a quick question regarding a rule I'm using.

I want to use:
pass in quick on dc0 proto tcp from any to any port 49151 >< 65536

to pass in anything from 49152 to 65535 (inclusive), however IPFILTER
complains that 65536 is an invalid port.  My understanding from the ><
syntax is that it's anything inbetween those two numbers.

In the meantime I've been using:

pass in quick on dc0 proto tcp from any to any port 49151 >< 65535
pass in quick on dc0 proto tcp from any to any port = 65535

as a workaround.

I was wondering if there's a cleaner way of writing that rule, or if I have
the understanding of the >< operator correct.

Thanks,
- Will