Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:39:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter <petermatulis@yahoo.ca>
To:        Philip Hallstrom <freebsd@philip.pjkh.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: coming back up after power failure (UPS)

--- Philip Hallstrom <freebsd@philip.pjkh.com> wrote:

> > On an updated 5.4 box I am using Network UPS Tools (NUT) with an
> APC
> > Smart-UPS.
> >
> > All is going very well but I cannot bring my box back up after
> > simulating a power failure.  At the end of the shutdown the screen
> > shows:
> >
> > "Press any key to reboot"
> >
> > Obviously this is not the desired outcome.
> >
> > How can I get my system to go down completely?  Beyond this I
> > understand there may be some BIOS adjustments to be made.
>
> man shutdown...
>
>       -p      The system is halted and the power is turned off
> (hardware
>               support required) at the specified time.
>
> for starters... but yeah, you might need some BIOS changes...

Well I tried the -p switch and, indeed, the system came down
completely.  But now it just
sits there.  This is after I enabled this setting in my BIOS:

"PME Event Wake UP"

I figured that would do the trick but evidently not.  Anything else I
should be looking at?  How long should the system wait before coming
back up?  I waited only a minute.

--
Peter