Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2007 20:05:57 +0800
From:      "Ahmad Faisal M. Nor" <ded1@EPEDAS.COM.MY>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3com network card

I found out recently most vendors here in Malaysia, they've stop selling any
model 3com NIC's, 3com Corp. itself stop all the 3com NIC's production they
added.

I've read a few article on the internet and 3com web, they officially announce
no more end-user product in their next business plan (include NIC's).

We've been using their NIC's for quite sometimes on heavy load traffic machine
 and it's really good in performance and last long compare to the cheapo NIC's
like Realtek, Linksys, Dlink, SMC etc. I really disappointed with their
decision recently.

Other good NIC's is Intel Pro, but it's very rare here, really hard to get.
Even Ingram Micro here don't carry them. Unless you buy branded server's
(nevertheless you just got it built-in though).

Do you guys have any tips/idea any good and reliable NIC's beside 3com and
Intel Pro to work under *BSD / UNIX ?

NOTE: I don't subscribe to the FreeBSD.org mailing list, please CC to me as well.

---
EPedas Sdn. Bhd. (http://www.epedas.com.my)
(wholly owned subsidiary of Safeguards Corporation Bhd.)
DISCLAIMER
This message is intended only for the ordinary use by the person to
whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential
and privileged under applicable laws, or otherwise protected by work
product immunity or other legal rules. No one else may copy or forward
all or any of it in any form. If you are not the intended recipient,you
are