Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 16:57:46 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@nebula.tbe.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] Multiple Bt848 cards in a PC.

David Kelly:
 |Randall Hopper writes:
 |> David Kelly:
 |>  |If i can't get multiple sound channels out of one box, then I'll need up
 |>  |to 8 boxes.
 |>
 |> You could use multiple sound cards per system.  Some cards support this.
 |> Fxtv will let you specify which dsp and mixer device to control.
 |
 |Ok, which cards? Its important that not only is each card selectable,
 |but all cards have to be able to be usable at the same time. There has
 |been some discussion that Sound Blaster sometimes can barely do full
 |duplex under the right conditions. So its not hard to believe two Sound
 |Blasters in one machine won't perform.

Can't speak to which ones.  Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@coppe.ufrj.br>
is one of the folks (or "the" folk) that asked for soundcard selectability,
so you might buzz him.

Really, you don't even need a soundcard unless you want to digitize the
incoming audio, or you want to use a soundcard mixer control to adjust the
volume.  The TV cards (mine at least) kick out std line impedance audio so
you can plug that into your stereo directly if desired or an external audio
mixer/multiplexer.

Randall