Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 12:43:28 -0700
From:      "Brian T. Allen" <brian@gzmarketing.com>
To:        "Harison Phinizy" <hphinizy@oasysglobal.net>, "slamdunk" <slamdunk@neophile.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: increasing the size of the /var partition

I just went through this, sort of.  I wanted to add a new hard drive and
have it be the new partition, /var in your instance.

I followed the instructions in this FAQ and it worked...

http://doc.pip.ru/FreeBSD/faq/FAQ39.html

Budget a good hour to do it, but none of it was particularly difficult, and
I am a newbie.  Some of the information may also be applicable if you want
to switch var to an existing empty partition.

Brian