Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:49:08 +0100
From:      lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
To:        Jeff MacDonald <jeff@interchange.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make buildworld .. 4.5 to 4.8

--oLBj+sq0vYjzfsbl

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 04:16:12PM -0400, Jeff MacDonald wrote:
> Is it safe to do the mergemaster/makebuildworld etc. operation
> on it to bring it from 4.5 to 4.8 in one step ?

I can't vouch for having done it but technically it is absolutely
possible and I doubt you would run into any serious trouble.  If you're
really worried about upgrading between more than one minor release you
could always try incrementing, which will work for sure.  It seems a
rather silly way to do it though.

  Best wishes,

-lewiz.

--=20
Alas, I am dying beyond my means.
		-- Oscar Wilde, as he sipped champagne on his deathbed
-| msn:purple@lewiz.net | jab:lewiz@jabber.org | url:http://lewiz.net |-

--oLBj+sq0vYjzfsbl

--oLBj+sq0vYjzfsbl--