Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 01:35:28 +0000
From:      Jonathan Towne <wrongway@slic.com>
To:        Greg <greg@nomadic.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS

On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 09:36:53AM +1000, Greg scribbled:
# Hello,
# I need to build a number of cheap, low performance floppy boot systems for a
# production testing environment.
# I want the machines to boot Linux or FreeBSD from floppy and then use NFS to
# grab the latest test software from the server.
[snip]
# Has anybody run Pico-BSD as an NFS client ?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I did all sorts of fun stuff with it.. things like
running XFree86 with KDE and windowmaker and Mozilla, all over NFS.. rather
trivial to get working, basically, just get a network connection and
"mount_nfs server:path /mountpoint"

--
- Jonathan Towne		wrongway@slic.com
- System/Network Administrator