Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:37:37 -0400
From:      David MacKenzie <djm@pix.net>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org, doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   How does a port maintainer update it?

Last fall I created ports/audio/id3v2 and soon I'll want to update it to
a newer release.  Do I do that by filing a PR with diffs like anyone
else?  The FreeBSD Porter's Handbook chapter on Upgrading at

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/port-upgrading.html

assumes that the reader is not the maintainer of the port.  I can't find
any documentation explicitly stating how a port maintainer makes changes
to it.  That's a glaring omission considering the rest of the Porter's
Handbook is written for people who are intending to be maintaining a port.