Date:      Thu, 04 May 2000 13:43:17 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        rlglende@alink.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where is the CVSROOT for a repository?

On Wed, 03 May 2000 15:10:48 MST, "Lew Glendenning" wrote:

> Downloading and building the repository went fine.
>
> The next step is to create the source tree.  I set the environmental
> variable CVSROOT to '/usr1'.  Then 'cd $CVSROOT/src' and 'cvs log Makefile'.

Okay, so you've put your repository in /usr1.  Now you need to check a
working source tree out of it.

	cd /path/to/some/dir
	cvs checkout -rRELENG_4 src

Obviously, you may want to use something other than RELENG_4 there.  The
cvs info file will help you a lot:

	info cvs

Of course, if you're not familiar with info(1), you may first want to
find out how to use it:

	info info

Ciao,
Sheldon.