Date:      Thu, 04 Mar 1999 14:31:31 -0500
From:      gkaplan <gkaplan@castle.net>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp -> browser

My last attempt to connect to my isp using ppp through telnet produced the following
result:
 signon is complete switched to packet mode
 some part of the shell menu that I expect to see after login is received and
displayed locally
 ping when executed does not appear to show any anomaly
 the file /var/log/ppp.log  shows many entries of the form:
Mar dd hh:mm:ss myname ppp[xxx] : Phase: deflink: HDLC error -> FCS nn, ADDR:0 COMD:
0, PROTO: 0
could this be the result of a fault in the modem setup?