Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 02:52:30 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        Ed Alley <alley1@llnl.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
Subject:   Re: Will Lilo run under FreeBSD with Linux emulation?

On Wednesday 22 August 2001 10:09 pm, Jonathan Chen wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 12:00:35PM -0700, Ed Alley wrote:
> > I am running FBSD4.x on various machines. Can I run
> > Lilo (the Linux loader) under FreeBSD using
> > Linux emulation?
>
> No. Lilo runs before Linux starts up, and so is not a candidate for
> emulation.

But that surely doesn't mean that it wouldn't work! Which I think was the
actual thrust of the original question, even if the post confused a
bootloader with something that could run under emulation.

In short, I don't think there's any reason why someone couldn't use Lilo as
their FreeBSD bootloader.

--
Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
http://sour.cream.org