Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 2002 18:33:42 +0200
From:      "Jethro Borsje" <jborsje@xs4all.nl>
To:        "Samuel Chow" <cyschow@shaw.ca>
Cc:        <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: installing BSD

>> DEBUG: Scanning disk ad0 for root filesystem
>> DEBUG: Scanning disk ad0 for swap partitions
>> Warning: Block size restricts cylinders per group to 94.
>> /dev/ad0s1a: 262144 sectors in 64 cylinders of 1 tracks, 4096 sectors
>>  128.0MB in 1 cyl groups (94 c/g, 188.00MB/g, 16256 i/g)
>> super-block backups (for fsck -b#) at:
>> ad0s1a: hard error writing fsbn 822 of 376-383 (ad0s1 bn 822; cn 0
>> tn 13 sn 3) status=51 error=10
>> write error: 128
>> newfs: wtfs - writecombine: Input/output error
>
> The 'hard error' pretty much indicates a bad disk.
> Since the bad track (tn = 13) is at the beginning of
> the disk, you might want to try to create a small FAT
> slice to skip the bad track.
>
> If I were you, I would go buy and replace this dying
> disk.

I fixed it, I had to fool around in my BIOS a little bit.
Now I can't seem to get connected to the ftp site, but I think that's a
problem which I can solve to.
It's going trough Winroute on a Win2k machine.
I'm trying it via the proxy now....

And I think it worked!!
I'm downloading as we speak.

Thank you very much for all your help.