Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2002 17:54:02 -0700
From:      Scott McCoy <scott@codefaction.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linksys Network Everywhere PCMCIA

I'm having trouble with this card

card "Network Everywhere" "Fast Ethernet 10/100 PC Card"
         config  auto "ed" ? 0x80000
         insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device start
         remove  /etc/pccard_ether $device stop

	The trouble I'm having is not a hard-cold error, but just its
performance in FreeBSD.  I cant get speeds higher than 400kbit, and
rarely even get that.  I have win2k on the same machine, and when I
boot to Win2k and test the card I get between 6 and 8mbit/s.  Theres no
errors however I did notice that ukphy0 calls the card Generic, which I
am not familiar with as my my old card was neither miibus nor ed*.

dmesg info reguarding the card:

ed0 at port 0x300-0x31f irq 9 flags 0x80000 slot 0 on pccard0
ed0: address 00:e0:98:77:25:85, type Linksys (16 bit) ukphy0: <Generic
IEEE 802.3u media interface> on miibus0
ukphy0:  10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto

lappy# uname -a
FreeBSD lappy.com 4.7-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE #8: Wed Oct 16
05:09:14 PDT 2002     tag@lappy.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/lappy  i386

	Any help would be appriciated, I really cant handle this (I
cant even stream 128kb audio at this speed)

	-Scott