Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:32:16 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Jesse <j@lumiere.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.1-STABLE dies on 40+ connects

Jesse wrote:

> Just to make sure it wasn't something specific to the icecast server, I
> enabled chargen in /etc/inetd.conf and did another stress test over the
> network. It survived 40 connections, so I tried 100. It was fine. I tried
> 200 and the server crashed.

Define "crashed". I assume there was a panic, if so, what was the
panic message? I had a problem like this, I was stress testing
Apache, increasing NMBCLUSTERS to 4096 fixed it for me. (``sysctl
kern.ipc.nmbclusters'' will tell you what it's currently at.)

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk

send a blank message to ben+pgp@scientia.demon.co.uk for PGP key