Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 2006 15:53:53 +0100
From:      Beni <beni@brinckman.info>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox 2 and kpdf ? [solved]

On Sunday 17 December 2006 15:41, Beni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a problem with Firefox 2 and opening pdf files with kpdf.
>
> When clicking on a pdf doc in firefox, the window to "Open with" or "Save"
> pops up. But when I want to select Open with..., there is no way to select
> kpdf because i can't get into the proper directory (/usr/local/bin/kpdf) :
> it is not visible so i can't get in it. All i can do is save the file,
> start up kpdf manually and open the file.
>
> And in firefox, Edit -> Preferences -> Content
> Click the Manage button below where it says "Configure how Firefox handles
> certain types of files." But the window is completely empty and there is no
> way to change or insert something.
>
> So how do i get firefox to find kpdf and open directly a pdf-file in
> firefox ?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Beni.

Ok, it is solved. I didn't have a "mailcap" file yet so i copied the mailcap
file from /usr/ports/mail/mulberry/files to /etc and modified
the "application/pdf; acroread %s" to "application/pdf; kpdf %s", restarted
firefox and now when i click on a pdf file, the "Open with"-dialog states
directly "kpdf (default)".

Beni.