Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 06:59:56 -0400
From:      DJ MacDonald <teck@devco.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiport cards

Helo all

 I am "trying" to install a cyclades z80 card im my machine. I got the newest
driver from cyclades but there was verry little in the way of how to install it
in the package. I have looked for a how to or faq that explains what to do but
no luck so far. I need to know what to put in the kernel for options and device.
FreeBSD 3.3

 With the driver installed as per the limited instructions from cyclades the os
now knows there is something new...  Its listed as cz0 under misc UNKNOWN!!
When i do a boot -c to set the irq from the reported 9 to 5 it doesnt find it
at all.????  So i have guessed from what i have been able to read so far that a
kernel rebuild with options and a device line are called for. I tried it with
options  COM_MULTIPORT
device  cz0

what else should be in there if anything? The card is pci, and there are no
errors when i do make, looks like the kernel is ok with what i have so far?

Thanks for any help...

DJ