Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 2002 15:44:10 -0500
From:      "Mike Tindall" <lists@netwzrd.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Apache & SSI Woes

Hi all,

I am having a heck of a time with my freebsd 4.4 box running apache 1.3.20.
I currently have apache installed from the ports collection.  Front Page
extensions were installed separately (also have tried using the apache13-fp
port).  No matter what I do I cannot get SSI to work.  Here is what the
relevant lines of my httpd.conf look like:

LoadModule includes_module    libexec/apache/mod_include.so
AddModule mod_include.c

#
# To use server-parsed HTML files
AddType text/html .shtml
AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.1>
    ServerName domain.dom
    ServerAlias www.domain.dom
    DocumentRoot /home/user/html
    CustomLog /home/user/logs/access_log combined
    ErrorLog /home/user/logs/error_log
    Options ExecCgi Indexes Includes
ScriptAlias /_vti_bin/_vti_adm/ /home/user/_vti_bin/_vti_adm/
ScriptAlias /_vti_bin/_vti_aut/ /home/user/html/_vti_bin/_vti_aut/
ScriptAlias /_vti_bin/ /home/user/html/_vti_bin/
</VirtualHost>

If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate hearing about them.

Thank you!

Mike Tindall
mike@netwzrd.net