Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:49:14 +0000
From:      Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk>
To:        "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@freebsd.org.ru>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad A31p

Sergey A. Osokin wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 12:02:15PM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm trying to get FreeBSD 5.0 working on my A31p - and I have (at least)
>>two problems. Firstly, ACPI doesn't work properly (I get lots of errors
>>at startup, and after hibernation, screen corruption and the USB
>>bleats). Secondly, cardbus fails to initialise, even with ACPI disabled.
>>
>>At Mark Murray's suggestion, I enclose two dmesg outputs, one with ACPI
>>on, one off. Where do I go now (will hack code if required!)?
>>
>>Note: not subscribed to list (will also do that if required).
>>
>>acpi_cmbat1: error fetching current battery status -- AE_AML_INTERNAL
>

> Try to use my tips and tricks: http://ozz.pp.ru/eag.txt.
> Maybe its helps you.
> Please notify me about your experiments.

Doing these:

hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"
hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1"

and removing the disabling for APM has _mostly_ got me working.

For some reason, I _don't_ need:

devd_enable="YES"

and pccardd doesn't work, but cards are still recognised. Which is
interesting - I presume there's something else going on I don't know
about yet...

Reamining problems: I still haven't got X to work (not banged my head
against it hard yet), I can't hibernate to disk, built-in 802.11b
doesn't work, and cardbus 802.11b sort of works but isn't associating
(again, I haven't banged hard against this one yet). Any hints appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben.