Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:59:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jean-Mark Dupoux <jmdupx@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDE cache controller

Im trying to setup another old 486 box with a spare
IDE ISA cache controller but cant get sysinstall to
see the disks attached

The controller is a Tekram dc-600  on IRQ14  0x1F0
It has its own BIOS (as you would expect) and
recognises the disks properly here, so I can get dos
to boot and run on here but just cant get fbsd 4.4 (or
a set of Linux boot floppies) to see the hard-disks at
all

I noticed there is a flags option when choosing the
hardware from the menu before device-probing so maybe
there is  a chance changing the setting for this could
help, but where can I find out what the options for
the flags settings are ?

or is there any way to just force fbsd to map drives
direct from BIOS ?

thanks in advance if anyone can help on this

Mark
jmdupx@yahoo.com