Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 2014 21:07:04 +0200
From:      Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
To:        Nikola Le??i?? <nikola.lecic@anthesphoria.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pending TeX Live related PR (x11-toolkits/p5-Tk)

Hi!

> > Can you check whether this upgrade would fix your problem ?
> > While you're doing this, I'll check whether your patch works
> > with D204 8-}
>
> Sure. If you meant this patch:
> https://phabric.freebsd.org/file/data/5q7fpv426zlybjekeqgi/PHID-FILE-sb6vjiwctw7jldwm7wsg/D204.diff

Yes.

> I applied it against x11-toolkits/p5-Tk from ports/head and I got the
> following:
>
> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for p5-Tk-804.032
>   I can't seem to find a patch in there anywhere.
>   => Patch patch-PNG_Makefile.PL failed to apply cleanly.

The patch should remove files/patch-PNG_Makefile.PL.

> Since PNG patch isn't related to Xft paths problem, I removed it in
> order to test the new version. Nothing changed (expectedly, because no
> Xft/freetype search paths changed).
>
> > Do you have a simple test case to find out if it worked ?
>
> Hmm... do you have vanilla TeX Live (whatever version)?

Hm, I normally use teTeX-3.0_7 and texlive-full-20120701 conflicts.

This will take some time.

> Try to run TL
> Manager GUI with any non-latin language, i.e.
>
>   tlmgr -gui -gui-lang ru
>
> and you will get a window with huge ugly font. That's because XFT
> option does nothing: installer can't find freetype header files.
> From your log:
>
>   http://people.freebsd.org/~pi/misc/p5-Tk-804.032.log
>   XFT=on: Client-side fonts via libXft
>   Cannot find freetype.h include file

Ah, oh! Thanks!

> > At least it builds etc., see
>
> Yes, my patch applies cleanly against D204 version and solves the
> the aforementioned fonts problem.

I'll include it in the patch set and ask for approval.

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         6 years to go !