Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:07:37 -0500
From:      Adam Stroud <adam@thegeeklord.com>
To:        Michael Hernandez <sequethin@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Blob" and FreeBSD

What about drivers that are not part of the ports collection?  Nvidia I
can understand because the code is not in the kernel to the best of my
knowledge.  If you want *the* nvidia driver, you install the port.  What
about drivers for something like raid controllers that would exist
solely in the kernel?