Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 00:02:24 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Paul=20Jansen?= <vlaero@yahoo.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.1 new install and Samba 2.0.7 initialization error

Hi,

I just done a fresh install of FreeBSD 4.1 on x86.
I've downloaded the samba 2.0.7 package from the ports
collection and used:

pkg_add samba-2.0.7.tgz

to install the port.  It then came up with some
instructions telling me to copy some configuration
files and edit them and things.  I did this and then
rebooted.  I get the following error come up on the
screen before username prompt comes up.

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 shared object
"libreadline.so.3" not found

I also get a similar error:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 shared object
"libreadline.so.2" not found

when I run 'startx'.

Also when I try to run xf86config I get this error:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 shared object "libxpg4.so.2"
not found

I didn't have these problems when I was running on
FreeBSD 4.0.  Can someone tell me what's wrong and how
to fix it?

Tahnks.