Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:15:29 +0000
From:      Vittorio <v.demartino2@virgilio.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do you "make install" without direct internet access?

I'm attaching here the answer to a mail of mine on a simmilar subject.=20
The suggested solutions is working smoothly & flawlessly for me under=20
freebsd 5.2.1 & 5.3.

Ciao
Vittorio

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 13:55:43 +0000, Vittorio <v.demartino2@virgilio.it>=20
wrote:
> Old linux user now moving gradually to freebsd 5.2.1, at office we=20
have
> a lan
> 1) with an http proxy for which authentication via userid & passwd is
> needed AND
> 2) ftp is blocked, not permitted.
>=20
> I want to use the ports and compile my programs. I have already tried=20
> set the http proxy (as under linux, by the way!) =A0issuing:
>=20
> env HTTP_PROXY=3D"http://userid:passwd@myproxy.it:8080"
>=20
> to no avail; freebsd complains endlessly that
> fetch: ftp://............: Host not found

Try putting in the following in /etc/make.conf

=46ETCH_ENV=3D =A0 =A0 =A0FTP_PROXY=3Dhttp://userid:passwd@myproxy.it:8080
=46ETCH_ENV=3D =A0 =A0 =A0HTTP_PROXY=3Dhttp://userid:passwd@myproxy.it:8080

To be honest, haven't tried it with authentication but the above would
be the correct way to make use of a proxy for ports.

Nelis