Date:      Tue, 1 Mar 2016 00:23:34 +0100
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dropping some locales/encodings?

--HKEL+t8MFpg/ASTE

Hi all,

I have updated few month ago the locales to cldr v27.0.1. I would like to
simplify the generation of those locales from cldr to POSIX locales that we do
provides.

I can properly generate almost any of the said locales/encodings but a few that
I would like to remove (provided that unicode version are available)

Here is the list of locales/encodings:

be_BY.CP1251
be_BY.CP1131
hi_IN.ISCII-DEV
hy_AM.ARMSCII-8
zh_HK.Big5HKSCS

Provided that those should be covered by respectively:
be_BY.ISO8859-5 be_BY.UTF-8
hi_IN.UTF-8
hy_AM.UTF-8
zh_HK.UTF-8 zh_Hans_HK.UTF-8

Anyone has a strong opinion against this removal?

The reason to remove those is that they are not provided by cldr

Best regards,
Bapt

--HKEL+t8MFpg/ASTE

--HKEL+t8MFpg/ASTE--